Scale Modelling

One/35 Scale Modelling Dioramas

Welcome to Outoppies Scale Modelling and Dioramas Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Diy Stone Walls

www.armorama.com

Easy Stone Walls
Pre-mixed drywall paste, craft type acrylic paint and a mold made from a cat litter pail lid can make anyone an expert "Stone Mason" in any scale.
Step 1
Mix water based acrylic paint with the drywall paste.
Step 2
Spread it out evenly onto your "casting surface" (Mold). Here I have used the lid from a pail of cat litter as my mold. This is where you determine the thickness of your stone. I wanted flat, semi-thin rocks, so I went about 2 -3 mm's thick on the spread. Let dry for at least 12 hours.
Step 3
Once dry, it can be broken into whatever size stone you require (this is why this process works so well in any scale).
Step 4
I used a piece of scrap sheet styrene as a base to ease assembly and facilitate any detail painting, drybrushing, etc.. I used Crazy Glue (CA) in assembly but I'm sure that you're favorite brand will do as well.
Step 5
The assembly was attached to the base upon its completion.

I_12 I_11 I_131



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails